supporting your child's learning at home
We regularly support parents and carers with how to help your child at home in the following ways:
1. We frequently hold Parent Information sessions to explain how we teach phonics, reading and maths at our school and how you can support your child
2. We have a Phonics video clip on on website to show you a Phonics session in action and we invite Foundation parents to see and take part in Phonics sessions at school during the year
3. You can find how we teach written methods in Maths by looking at the Maths section on website and seeing the attached document
4. In the back of your child's home school dairy you will find some useful key facts to share including key spellings for each year group and times tables.
5. We will also give you ideas at parents evenings as to how you can help
6. if in doubt- just ask the teacher!
The most important thing you can do to support your child is to hear them read and also read to them. Continue to read to them books that you can enjoy together or that the children bring home from the library.
Take a look at the Curriculum pages within the About Us section for more information by subject area.