Our Children as Leaders/Volunteers
At High Ash, we greatly value the input of our pupils in to how our school is run so that they get to live out the vision of our school and also understand the value of service and contribution.
So, what leaders do we have?
1. Reflection Leaders- pupils in KS2 work with me to plan and deliver our Reflections.
2. Charity Leaders- this was an idea that came from the children and that we have run with and developed as it shows them wanting to be advocates for change. They work to support and raise awareness and funds for a range of charities such as World Vision, Macmillan, NHS and the local food banks. Last year we raised over £5000 for charity!
3. Junior Leadership Team (School Council)- this elected group work to ensure we improve our school. They have had impact on our behaviour policy, on lunchtimes, play equipment and on the library area.
4. Eco Squad- this social action group has campaigned over the last four years to reduce plastic and waste in our school. Our school is now 96% plastic free and we are getting close to being 100% plastic free by 2024. They award classes for recycling and also volunteer to litter pick at breaktimes.
5. Y6 Ambassadors- each week, 3 different children from Y6 plan and deliver our Star Reflection on a Friday.
6. Librarians- a dedicated team of librarians giveup their time to keep the library tidy and also recommend books to others.
I am so proud of how our children are living out our vision and letting their light shine!