Meet our Therapy dog!
Welcome to Charlie our therapy dog!
Charlie belongs to Pippa who works for a charity called Canine Concern. More information can be found on the letter and documents below.
Charlie has been assessed by Canine Concern as being suitable to visit our school and interact with children. He visits one afternoon a week and we believe he offers the following benefits:
- Having a calming effect on pupils and supporting their mental well being
- Improving behaviour, concentration and self-esteem
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Supporting sensory needs and providing comfort and companionship
- Encouraging respect for animals and developing empathy
- Helping build confidence in reading and in discussion groups
Please see below for the link to the Google consent form and our risk assessment documents.